Idelica’s menu was born in the kitchen of my Abuela, who spent many hours of her long life making wholesome and tasty plates of food for her seven children (and later, her countless grandchildren) at home in La Chanca in the oldest part of Almeria town, Andalucia. While Abuelo was out fishing at sea for days on end, it was always up to her to feed so many hungry mouths - yet she always had something incredibly delicious cooking on the stove to share with anyone who visited. No-one was ever allowed to leave without a full tummy.
Paella rice is infused with the hearty Mediterranean flavours of olive oil, garlic, onion, peppers and seasoned with a fine balance of Spanish Saffron and Paprika. The paella can be served onto plates directly from the pan or we can decant it into smaller paella pans and place them on your guests' dining tables alongside any side orders. We can cater for up to three types of Paella in one sitting. We use seasonal and fresh local ingredients alongside tried and trusted Spanish staples - exactly as my Abuela in Almeria would have done.
e.g. chicken, pork & chorizo
e.g. mushroom, beans, artichokes, olives & seasonal veg
e.g. prawns, squid, fish & mussels
e.g. chicken, prawn, squid, peas
The Vege Paella is both vegan and gluten-free as standard. We can make any Paella gluten-free if required. As with all our dishes, please ask for dietary or allergen advice.
For Big Pan Paella Catering, indoors or outdoors, we require a minimum order of 50 servings and our costs start at £750. Discounts on Paella Catering are applied at guest numbers of over 65 and then again at numbers over 100 servings. If you are interested in Paella or Tapas Dinner Party Catering for guest numbers of 12 or more, please Contact Us for more details of what we can do for you.
Sides & Small Plates
You might want to add just a little extra something to your dining table or buffet menu alongside the Paellas - here are some popular options:
- Leafy Green Salad
- Mixed Garden Salad
- Andalucian Salad (finely diced salad veg with fresh garlic and a sherry vinegar dressing)
- Rainbow Salad (with seasonal fruits, salad veg & a fruity wine vinegar dressing)
- Mixed Artisanal Breads with Butter or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Hummus topped with Paprika-Spiced Oil & served with Picos (mini bread sticks)
- Spanish Cheese & Nuts Sharing Board
- Spanish Cured Meats and Olives Sharing Board
Canapés & Tapitos
Delightful finger food using a mix of traditional and modern rustic Spanish flavours designed to be offered around as generous-sized canapes on paella pans for trays or served on sharing boards for an appetiser. We list them as Pinchos (tiny tapas on bread) and Banderillos (tiny tapas on sticks). We are constantly discovering new combinations as we work with clients to include their favourite foods or dietary requirements. Some examples:
- Pincho Sobrasada de Mallorca with Honey & Kiwi
- Pincho Goat's Cheese, Tomato & Rosemary
- Pincho Boquerones in Chilli, Garlic & Parsley Marinade
- Pincho Olive Paté & Sweet Roasted Peppers
- Pincho Duck Paté, Cucumber & Sherry Onion Marmalade
- Pincho Blue Cheese, Fresh Fig & Thyme
- Pincho Jamon Serrano, Tomato & Garlic Rub
- Pincho Smoked Salmon, Cucumber, Lemon & Dill
- Banderillo Serrano Ham & Melon Rainbows
- Banderillo Pickled Veg & Olives
- Banderillo Tetilla Cheese & Pineapple
- Banderillo Blue Cheese Stuffed Roquito Pepper
- Banderillo Serrano Ham, Fig & Honey
- Banderillo Manchego, Pan de Higo & Carné de Membrillo
- Banderlllo Cream Cheese Stuffed Queen Olive with Anchovy
Antipasti for Sharing
We can create a handpicked selection and quantity laid out of sharing boards for the perfect starter prior to your Paella course, and great to leave out for as long as you want for guests to nibble on throughout dinner or during the speeches.
Alternatively, go for a more substantial offering ideal for a standalone buffet suited to lavish Lunchtime or Evening feasting.
Wedding Cheese Cake Feasts
If you aren't that into cake but you LOVE cheese, and you are looking for an elegant and decadent option for your evening food, consider having one of these. You don't even have to compromise on the cutting of the cake ceremony as we can decorate and display the stacked cheeses earlier in the day, take it away and transform it to a mouth-watering feast of cheeses and accompaniments for the evening buffet. It never fails to delight and satisfy.
We've discovered that many of our wedding and party clients want to offer their guests a selection of small but sweet things to delve into and share around as a perfect finish to their dining rather than an individual plated pudding. And some love the idea of giving savoury and fresh fruit options too. So we create bespoke ‘Dessert, Cheese & Fruit Platters’ that should please everyone and are suitable for every budget and appetite.
We also do delicious homemade cheesecake, torte, tart and brownie slices for every taste and dietary requirment, plated individually for those that want their dessert all to themselves!
Street Food Tapas Bar
A hand-picked hot and cold menu of traditional and modern recipe Tapas, prepared and cooked on show under our Outdoor Tapas Stand and 'served as they come' for guests to enjoy with and between drinks over a couple of hours while they party the evening away. The menu may depend on the season and availability. A selection of our favourites:
- Patatas Bravas (Crisped Potatoes with Spicy Paprika Sauce)
- Pinchos Morunos (Moorish Spiced Chicken)
- Tortilla Española (Spanish Omelette)
- Albondigas con Tomaté (Meatballs in Tomato Sauce)
- Champiñonés con Jerez y Ajo (Mushrooms in Sherry & Garlic)
- Chorizo en Cidre (Chorizo with Cider)
- Gambas al Ajillo (Prawns with Garlic & Chilli)
- Berenjenas al Horno (Oven Roasted Aubergine with Tomato, Garlic & Paprika)
- Pulpo a la Gallega (Octopus Galician Style)
- Ensalada Russa (Russian Salad)
- Sobrasada de Masa Fermentada (Sourdough Flatbread topped with Soft Chorizo, Fresh Tomato & Olive Oil)
- Courgette Fritters with Alioli Dip
- Boquerones con Patatas Fritas (Fresh Marinated Anchovies with Sea Salted Crisps )
- Pimientos de Padron (Padron Peppers)
- Artisan Bread with Cured Meats & Cheeses
- Pollo con Ajo (Garlic Chicken)
Stonebaked Sourdough Pizza with Spanish twist and optional drizzles of Mediterranean oils and fresh chillies. Suggestions below:
- Margerita with Fresh Tomato & Basil
- Sobrasada, Fresh Tomato & Rocket
- Blue Cheese, Mushroom & Caramelised Onion
- Serrano Ham & Pineapple
- Goat's Cheese with Olives & Roasted Red Peppers
- Artichokes, Olives, Capers or Anchovies
Service & Costs
Where you need food to be served onto plates and brought to tables, or carried on trays within your venue, or cleared away afterwards, you will need Food Service Staff. We have an experienced, dedicated and friendly team of staff that can provide all these services and more. Costs can be estimated at any time and confirmed once the catering schedule and requirements are known.
Any listed costs published on this website are for guidance on current pricing for our event catering at most venues. Contact Us for a quotation for catering at your event – if you don’t know where to start just drop us a quick line and we will get back to you by email or phone to talk through your requirements. Our aim is always to give you the best service and value for money that we can. If you wish to read more information about our services and costs before contacting us, please check our FAQs page on this website.